1) Managerial bureaucracy has evolved into a class where bureaucrats will act to promote their class interest and will always act to protect their jobs. If the regulatory powers or even the need for the existence of a particular bureaucracy is questioned, said bureaucrats will exaggerate or even fabricate an emergency that only they can address and are therefore necessary.
2) As a corollary to the first law: The chief bureaucrat will always lobby the legislature and the media to increase his budget and scope of regulatory powers with claims that whatever subject is within the purview of that bureaucracy is a problem that is worse than everyone thought and is an emergency that the public and the legislature must act upon at once by granting more money and more powers to the said bureaucracy.
3) Once a bureaucracy is created to address a specific problem, it is never disbanded when its ostensible purpose if fulfilled. See the first and second laws.
5) The chief bureaucrat must ensure that the entirety of his allocated budget is fully spent as proof of his ability to accurately predict operational expenses. He will therefore near the end of the budgetary period expend unused monies on unnecessary projects to accomplish this. Otherwise, rather than be rewarded for efficiency and cost savings the chief bureaucrat will face criticism from legislators for poor budgetary prediction and the bureaucracy's budget will be cut as punishment.
6) If a bureaucracy in a certain event fails in its purpose, new bureaucracies are created to better cover the reasons for the failure keeping the original bureaucracy in place and unchanged. See the first law.
7) As a result of the first four laws, there will always be examples of bureaucracies duplicating each other's function. The first law second sentence is invoked if this duplication is noticed and questioned.
8) All bureaucrats must be smarter and more competent than their subordinates and from the top down must be seen micro-managing their subordinates as proof of such and to ensure regulatory and ideological compliance. Actual relative intelligence or competence between ranks not withstanding.